Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Caribbean Cruise




So life has to return to normal now, after being on a  cruise ship, for one fabulous week in the Caribbean. 

We were lucky we missed tropical storm Sandy, and had some great weather, with the exception of a day of rain in Jamaica. 


Here we are at our first port of call, in Key West, which was beautiful!

The next stop was Grand Cayman....WOW! 
White sand, turquoise water, nice people..and Stingray City!
We boarded a boat that took us  out to a sandbar, where we could swim, snorkel and interact with these magnificent creatures. It was so cool!





The last port, was Ocho Rios, Jamaica, where we had an excursion booked to climb Dunn's River Falls.

The weather was not so great that day, and was actually raining pretty hard. But...hey...we are going to get wet anyway..so  off we went. We had a guide lead us up the 600 foot waterfall, climbing over boulders, and walking through pools of water, which were at times waist deep!  At one point we had to crawl underneath a concrete bridge, and in total, took about an hour to complete the climb. I was actually at the front, up with the guide! 

My camera battery died that day, so I have no photos, of us actually going up the falls, but we did buy the video of our adventure up the falls. I found some photos on the internet, so you can see this gorgeous landmark. These photos only show a portion of the falls, which are actually a lot bigger than what these photos show.




So now its back to work. I have  lots to do to prepare  for 2 shows coming up later this month.Hope you enjoyed the photos!


Pin It

5 comments:

Jane Perala said...

Sounds like you had a great time - good luck with your shows. Only one show for me this year - in just over a weeks time.

BeadedTail said...

Looks beautiful! The sting rays would be so cool! Good luck with your shows!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear first and foremost that you missed Sandy! Looks like a magnificent trip! Glad you had so much fun!

Catherine said...

How wonderful! It looks like you had a simply wonderful time. Good for you. We have heavy snowfall warnings out for today. I hope it passes us by but I don't think it will. Luckily I don't work tomorrow so I can stay nice and warm in the house tomorrow if I need to. ;)
xo Catherine

Lin said...

I wanna live like YOU!! Wowee! That is one lovely trip....and on top of the others you have taken this year. :) color me envious!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com