Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Ch..Ch..ch..changes!

I hope all you Moms out there had a great Mothers Day...I certainly did! Check out this very cool, fruit bouquet that my daughter made for me. (More on Moms Day at the end of this post) 
 First of all I wanted to thank all of you that took the time to comment on my previous post in response to my questions regarding jewelry and accessories, I really appreciate you all taking the time, they were all so detailed and chock full of wonderful information, that I have definitely considered in reevaluating my line of jewels! I have decided to add some designs in silver plate and rhodium plate, and yet I will keep a selection in sterling silver. The silver and rhodium plate will be simpler in design, using less expensive beads and will allow me to offer those pieces at more affordable prices. I will aim at the necklace and bracelets to be in the $25.00 to $60.00 price range. I don't really want to use a lot  of cheap  mass produced beads even in these pieces, so I will  be looking for some reasonably priced, fun, fab, vintage beads, and handcrafted glass beads to keep the pieces unique and eye catching! I will still have the sterling pieces, but these will be higher end, and of course a bit higher in price. For now, I have my Etsy shop closed, and plan on reopening it towards the end of Summer. Two of my girlfriends, are taking my jewelry over the next few weeks, and selling on my behalf. One is a teacher and will be taking it to the school staff room....this has worked out really well in the past. The other is a regional supervisor of an international makeup line, who has some friends interested in my designs, and plans on doing a jewelry party in another city. Of course they too benefit from helping sell the jewelry, so  they are more than happy to help out! I am also taking my jewelry on the road with me this summer, and have some summer festivals and street markets lined up out on the west coast, where we have our summer house. This will be a great way to test out the market with the new designs. 
  Speaking of changes, since Christmas I have been eating extremely healthy foods, and exercising 5 times a week, I have managed to lose almost 20 lbs!  Taking  my lifestyle change into consideration, yesterday, on Mothers Day, my family cooked me a healthy, nutritious brunch and dinner, and one of my daughters did the 4 mile power walking video with me! I couldn't have been more touched! 


Pin It

4 comments:

Lenox Knits said...

Sounds like you have a great plan in place. How nice to have friends to do the home shows for you. Congrats on your lifestyle improvements also. That is something I desperately need to make a goal myself.

Catherine said...

Good for you for getting healthy and droping 20 lbs! That fruit arrangement looks so yummy ~ and it sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day ~ good for you!

xo Catherine

Split Rock Ranch said...

The fruit arrangement is awesome! Good for you on your diet and exercise program and losing almost 20 lbs! I need to get going and make some changes. I packed on 10 pounds in no time at all when I ran out of hormones and now I cannot lose it to save my soul! Its very frustrating.

Can't wait to see your new designs! I love your jewelry but have so few places to wear jewelry now that I'm working my business from home and running the ranch. I even traded in my wedding ring for a very simple inexpensive band that I don't have to fret about losing in the dung piles or worry about it getting damaged. Yes, I have friends who have somehow lost their diamond wedding rings in the manure pile and had to go dung diving to retrieve it! I, for one, can learn from others' mistakes!

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

20 pounds! Are you serious? What great news! Good luck on the jewelry sales. I bet its nice letting go of the pieces and letting others see if they can sell your goods. You are one lucky mom to get a bouquet that looks so yummy!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com