Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Inspiration!

When ever I am starting to design a new piece of jewelry, the first intitial thoughts for the piece always start with the inspiration. Inspiration surrounds us, anything can inspire a design or a color scheme, from nature, fashion, a picture or piece of art, a store window, a magazine ad....the list goes on! This latest piece was inspired by a recent episode of "So You Think You Can Dance"! As much as I enjoy the dancing, I was actually inspired by the dresses worn that evening by host Kat Deeley, and by judge Mary Murphy. Kat was wearing a lovely silver metallic dress and Mary had on a pretty black dress, and that was my inspiration for my next piece of jewelry. I just had to design something in black and silver! The next step is to gather the materials. So I collected all the beads, crystals, chains, clasp etc., that I thought may work in this design.

Then, I got to work with a vision in my head of creating something very feminine, and beautiful, just like the two ladies that inspired my design. Stay tuned for the result! Pin It

1 comment:

BeadedTail said...

Very interesting and very organized! I saw Cat and Mary in those dresses and didn't have any inspiration at all. Guess I need to pay more attention to things like that!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com