Happy Earth Day to all my readers!
I think every day should be earth day. Every day we should respect the planet and our own little corner of the world enough to do something to preserve our planet. Just the smallest things we do can add up to make a big change. Here are a list of 10 things that our family does on a regular basis to be kind to our planet.
1. We are huge recyclers! We recycle weekly, all our paper, cardboard, plastic, metal, glass, drink containers/bottles, milk jugs and batteries. I have an area dedicated to this in my mud room.
2. Donate used good clothing to charities.
3. Old t-shirts and towels are cut up and made into cleaning rags.
4. When shopping, I use reusable shopping bags. ( I make sure to always have a couple of those nylon bags that fold up real tiny in my purse.)
5. I buy local and organic whenever I can.
6. We hold garage sales every 2 years to sell our unwanted items, toys etc.
7. We recycle our electronics.
8. We use energy and water saving appliances at home.
9. We recycle our printer cartridges.
10. We mulch our garden, which keeps the moisture in, therefor conserves the amount of water used .
I used to compost when I lived in the city, but unfortunately, I can no longer do that, as we now live in bear country, and that causes its own set of problems! I am in the process of switching to earth friendly cleaning products, and experimenting with different brands until I find ones that I like. I am sure there are still many more things that I can do! What do you do on a regular basis for the earth we live in? Lets keep our planet beautiful!