On Friday, we leave for our most anticipated vacation to England and Paris. I am currently in the midst of packing for the trip and these are my latest observations regarding that topic:
1. Packing for a vacation is a lot more fun than unpacking after you return home.
2. Women should have a larger baggage allowance than men.
3. One pair of shoes DO NOT go with every outfit.
3. There comes a point when you must stop second guessing yourself, and what goes into the suitcase must stay in the suitcase!
4. Packing for a trip to the Tropics is WAY easier than packing for a European vacation. (Bathing suits, shorts, a few tank tops, sunscreen and flip flops are all you need for Hawaii)
5. Unnecessary items such as socks, make way for much needed items such as the flat iron.
6. Layer and wear your heaviest items on the plane...however remember that belts, shoes, jewelry, jackets and sweaters have to be removed when going through security, and that can work one up into a hot sweat..especially at my age!
7. Due to the fact that one is allowed only ONE carry-on bag weighing a mere 11 pounds, ones purse must fit inside ones carry-on luggage. (obviously no big purses will fit the bill and had to buy very small purse to fit this requirement) Currently in the carry-on bag are the most needed iPad, camera and extra batteries, passport and pertinent travel info, snacks and gum, hand sanitizer and lipstick and fragile gift for Dad.
8. Stick with a color scheme for maximizing the mixing and matching of pieces to create coordinating outfits, each top should work with at least 4 bottoms....however, that being said, the very cute bright yellow top made it into the suitcase, even although it did not meet these stringent requirements. Rules CAN be broken!
9. Question...How many lipsticks does one need for a 5 week vacation? Really???
10. This really should not be as difficult as it is.