Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Camp Horizon Fundraiser

Last week I was approached on two different occasions, about donating some of jewelry for a couple of local fundraisers. The first is a big charity auction, with proceed going towards new beds for Camp Horizon, which is a camp for disabled children and their caregivers. I was more than happy to comply, and set about gathering some interesting pieces to create this necklace.



The somewhat heart shaped, brass filigree focal piece was  actually an old clip earring that I took apart. The crystal key charm at the very bottom, is a modern Swarovski addition. 


  There is a fabulous vintage skeleton key that is suspended from a very old circular, metal filigree jewelry finding, which is rare old Mariam Haskell stock.  I also added vintage chains and  corrugated brass beads,



.............and some wonderful vintage uncirculated Swarovski crystals...both the more recognized faceted crystals, as well as the rare matte crystal beads.

Then I decided to design some earrings to go with this necklace.

Here is everything displayed together and     ready for the auction.



I also designed another necklace for another fundraiser, and will feature that one next time! Pin It

2 comments:

Jane Perala said...

It's beautiful Susan!

Lin said...

I love your jewelry. I always get compliments on my pieces and I hope to get MORE! :)

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com