Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Forever Young


This morning I said goodbye to daughter number three, as she headed off to her first year of university in British Columbia. Her car was packed to the rafters, with all her prized possessions as well as the basics to start her new life on campus. My husband has gone with her, to share the eleven hour drive, and to make sure she settles in to her new dorm with minimum hassle. So that leaves only one child at home now, our ten year old son. The other two girls left years ago, one is married with children of her own, and the other is an independant free spirit that has almost finished her carpenter apprenticeship. They are all so different, yet I am so proud of each one. The time goes by so quickly, they are small for such little time...one minute they depend on you for everything, and the next moment they are enthusiastically heading out to the big world all on their own. I believe Rod Stewart said it best in how all I am feeling at this moment:


May the good Lord be with you down every road you roam

and may sunshine and happiness surround you when you're far from home.

And may you grow to be proud dignified and true

and do onto others as you'd have done to you.

Be courageous and be brave

and in my heart you'll always stay forever young

forever young.

May good fortune be with you

may your guiding light be strong.

build a stairway to heaven with a prince or a vagabond.

And may you never love in vain

and in my heart you will remain

forever young

And when you finally fly away

I'll be hoping that I've served you well

for all the wisdom of a lifetime no one can ever tell.

But whatever road you choose

I'm right behind you win or lose

forever young


Rod Stewart
Pin It

No comments:

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com