Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Tropical Paradise Awaits!

Only eight more sleeps and I am off to the south Pacific island of Kauai! If you don't know by now, I am not a "winter person".  I don't embrace the cold, I am not one of those people that gets excited when it starts to snow...well, except for a few weeks in December, around Christmas time. (A  snowy white Christmas is always picture perfect!) Therefore,  as I tell my husband each year, it is good for my soul to have a few days, where I can have a  small taste of summer in the middle of old man winter! Although this winter has been extremely mild...by Canadian standards....., I am more than ready to explore the warmth of Kauai.  Having been to Maui several times, and loved it, we are now ready to have an adventure on one of the other Hawaiian islands. I always find it amazing that one can leave behind the cold, crisp winter air, step onto a plane, and within hours be able to slip on your flip flops, and be lying on a warm sandy beach listening to the waves crash onto the shore.


 For ten glorious days, I will not have to think about jackets, mitts, boots or scraping ice and snow from the windshield of my car.  I love the fact that it is always so easy to pack for a tropical vacay...there is no second guessing what to bring in your suitcase, because you always know what the weather will be like...hot! There is something very therapeutic, about digging out your summer clothes from the depths of your closet ...in the middle of February! When I return, it will be almost March, and the worst of our long Canadian winter will be behind us, and I can look forward to the warmer weather......... which should arrive sometime in May!


Pin It

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you picked a funny place to live for one who hates the cold-lol! That does sound like paradise!! Oh, enjoy it so much!

Jane Perala said...

Have fun!
Maybe you should think about moving out here to the coast on a permanent basis - lol! Although it was -3 c this morning - brrrrr!

Winnie said...

Don't pack too much in your suitcase because I plan on stowing away!

BeadedTail said...

We plan on going to Kauai next year for our 25th anniversary since we've been to Maui many times before so I can't wait to hear how you like it compared to Maui! Yeah, I know, tropical and beautiful is good anywhere especially this time of year!

Catherine said...

Oh you lucky lucky girl! I am jealous! It's going to be awesome.
xo Catherine

Bonhomie said...

Have a wonderful time!! I hope spring arrives early for you :-)

Unknown said...

I'm jealous! Although we don't experience the winters that you do, who doesn't long to put their toes in the sand in February? Can't wait to see pictures of your trip!

Lin said...

Sigh. Okay, I'm officially jealous! We went to Kauai for our honeymoon 24 years ago and it was LOVELY! I'm not sure it is the same today, but back then, it was a very laid-back island. There wasn't a ton of night life, but more of an "outdoorsman" type of vacation. Oh sure, there were nice hotels and such in town, but that island is home to lots of hippies and outdoorsmen! LOTS of hiking and snorkeling!!

Have fun! Bring back some puka shell necklaces for us all! Hahaha!

Unknown said...

Very envious, would love to go some day! Hoping your having a wonderful time!!

E x

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com