Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

And the medal goes to......A.M.Keith!

I have been busy this week, creating!
I have a lot of new items in my Etsy shop, and still a few more to list, which I hope to get to this weekend.

One of my favorite  newly created pieces, has to be this one.........





This  pendant is actually an English, vintage 1936 sports medal, awarded for running. It is engraved on the back:

I love to think about the person that won this medal for running, in 1936!
A.M.Keith...was it a young woman, or perhaps a young man? Maybe it was just a teen, competing in a school track and field day. What was this persons life like? I just love the history and that mystery behind this wonderful piece! 


 I added a very old piece of hardware, and embellished that with a vintage button earring, made from a faux pearl and some rhinestones. The matte topaz colored beads, are rare vintage Swarovski crystals. 

What a great gift this would make for an athletic runner.
If you are interested in this one of a kind necklace, you can find it here in my Etsy shop.


Have a super weekend!

Pin It

4 comments:

Lin said...

OMG! I LOVE this!! So cool!

Silver Moss Jewellery said...

What a wonderful pendant - love the history involved in it. A great way to keep a bit of history alive :)

DVArtist said...

Wow!!! I love this piece. Great execution of the components.
Nicole/Beadwright

Catherine said...

That is so cool! It would be interesting to know about the person who owned it. Very fun piece.
xo Catherine

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com