Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Anthropomorphic

A couple of posts back, I mentioned that I was going to show you more of My Eclectic Home. So today, I am sharing with you, a collection that always makes me smile. Their cute little faces and joyful expressions as well as their pretty colors, will always cheer me up. I have been collecting these anthropomorphic little guys for about 17 years.

Anthropomorphic -adjective\ˌan(t)-thrə-pə-ˈmȯr-fik\

1.: described or thought of as having a human form or human attributes <anthropomorphic deities>

2.: ascribing human characteristics to nonhuman things<anthropomorphic supernaturalism>



                   These are all salt and pepper shakers, mostly fruits and veg, and a few birds and flowers.




The birds in the bottom right hand corner, are not really anthropomorphic, but I liked them, so they are included in the collection.


                 I have some of these cute collectables sitting amongst retro kitchenware....which I also love!








I love these spoon and fork salt and pepper shakers!
Sadly one, of my dill pickle guys had an accident and broke a few months ago. I must admit, I shed a tear when that happened.  I am hoping to eventually find another one. Any of you remember those dotty coffee mugs?



            Very girly..cream and sugar bowls, with a matching string holder in the background.

  

             Matching cookie jar, and S&P shakers. I found these separately from the girls above.


  

      More favorites...love, love, love, these strawberries! 
Sugar bowl and s&p shakers. 
(There must be a matching cream jug out there.)

So which ones are your favorites?

Pin It

4 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Those are cute! I haven't seen those before! I like the little blue birds and the strawberries too!

DVArtist said...

Ohhh what a fabulous collection. I just love the pink knife and fork set. I am not a pink person but that is just too cute.
Nicole/Beadwright

Swapna said...

I just cannot make up my mind...!! Love them all !!

Catherine said...

Oh gosh! Look at all your cute collectables! I think my grndma used to have the fork and spoon ones. Very very cute!
xo Catherine

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com