Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Domestic Diva Martha Stewart


Todays Martha Stewarts' episode was devoted to blogs and blogging! Check out Marthas blog, she has some great tips on her blog for all bloggers! I was lucky enough to get the "heads up", from Dashery Jewelry, when I stopped by her blog this morning to drop my entrecard. So for some of you, you may still be able to catch the episode. What did I learn from watching? Well, your blog may get more attention if you have great pictures...especially if they are of cute animals, or if you have a great recipe for something sweet, or if you blog about the presidential candidates and the upcoming election, or if you are really great about blogging about celebrities...a la Perez Hilton! I love Martha, being the diva of all things domestic that she is, and I love her feature, "Cookie of the Day" ...not that I eat the cookies every day, but I do like the recipes and print them off for future use. The pictures of those cookies always look so darn good, you can probably gain weight just from looking at them! So with regards to what I learned today from watching Martha, I am going to share my recipe for something yummy and sweet, Chocolate Mousse Flan. I made this last week for my daughters' and husbands' birthday celebration and it got rave reviews! Maybe tomorrow I will post a photo of my cat! (But don't hold your breath for any political blogging from yours truly!!)


Chocolate Mousse Flan


1 cup flour

2 tbsp icing sugar

1 oz square of semisweet chocolate

1/2 cup butter at room temp.

1/3 cup whipping cream

5 x 1oz squares of semisweet chocolate

2 tbsp butter

2 eggs separated

1/4 cup white sugar

Coarsely grated or shaved chocolate


Combine flour, icing sugar and 1 oz of chocolate. Cream in 1/2 cup butter until smooth and well mixed...like shortbread dough. Form dough into a ball and then press into the sides and bottom of a 9 and 1/2 inch flan pan with removable sides. Chill for 1 hour, and then bake at 425 F for 10 minutes. Cool completely.


Bring whipping cream to a boil and add the 5 squares of chocolate and 2 tbsp of butter. Turn heat low and stir until chocolate is melted. DO NOT BOIL! Blend in egg yolks, stirring constantly, and remove from heat. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.


Meanwhile, beat egg whites until frothy and then add white sugar. Continue beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture and pour into crust. Chill. Sprinkle on grated chocolate, and serve with whipped cream on the side.


Enjoy!



Pin It

1 comment:

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com