Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Swapna, from Crafts and Cooking, has brightened my January by bestowing the Kreative Blogger Award upon my little blog! Thank you Swapna! Please visit her blog, she has unique recipes, and interesting information and pictures about her life and family in India!

Rules for accepting this award are as follows ....

1) thank the person giving the award
2)Copy award to your blog
3)Place a link to their blog
4)Name 7 things people don't know about you...
5)Nominate 7 bloggers
6)Place a link to those bloggers
7) Leave a comment on the blog letting them know about the awards.

7 things people don't know about me

1. I have been raising children for almost 33 years! My eldest child is almost 33, my youngest is almost 12! ( Yes I started early at 18, and I am now 51!)
2. I am a self taught jewelry designer. I have learned by reading books, and trial and error.
3.I worked in retail ( womens fashion) for 12 years
4.I have had the same 6 friends (3 couples), for the last 30 years!
5.I love to travel, and I could easily do it full time
6.I also love to paint, although my jewelry takes up most of my free time now.
7. I love to collect handmade pottery on my travels, and have a small collection of pottery with dragonfly motifs.
I picked a selection of old faves and new reads to nominate for this award.


1.Musings - fabulous jewelry by Laura Staley

2.Corner of Cats Mind-wonderful photos (lots of eye candy on her blog!), posts on her family, her cat and life in Saskatchewan, Canada.

3.Bei Mondi- Visit USA jewelry designer, Leslies blog where she posts on her world and her unique copper designs.

4.Narrative Jewelry- From France, with more fabulous jewelry created with polymer clay, and copper. Her blog also features other wonderful artists as well.

5.Nfall2art design studio- Nancys blog is full of amazing art! This talented lady knits, paints and makes lovely note cards
.

6.NanjoDogz- This Nancy makes adorable hand sculpted polymer clay dogs!


7.Backyard Beads-
Doreen, is a California artist, who designs jewelry which features her own polymer clay beads.

Pin It

10 comments:

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Thanks so much for the nomination! I can't believe you are 51 and have a 33 year old. You look like you're in your thirties! Are you hiding the fountain of youth somewhere? Or some kind of anti aging super drug?

Doreen said...

Thank you for nominating me. Boy, I was thinking it was cold here (42 degrees) until I looked at your pictures...brrrr

Narrative jewelry said...

Ooooh, thank you so much dear Susan for giving me this Kreative Blogger award. I am really touched and proud to share it with such talented ladies.

xox

Catherine said...

How sweet are you!!! I graciously accept! And what a lovely bunch of blogs I am nominated with! :) This will be my post for Friday. Good stuff!

Keep warm!
xxoo Catherine

Lin said...

I like your list. Love the pottery collection--can we see it??

Hot Rocks said...

Lin, that is a great idea for a future post! I will get on that, thanks!

Duni said...

Congratulations on the award!!!
While reading your list I had the same idea as Lin - I, too, would like to see your wonderful pottery :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the award! It was great to read about you -- and I knew we had to be about the same age because of the music you like (I'm 52) -- the music tells all :) -- thanks again, I'll post the award as soon as I can accumulate the info.

Cruise said...

Congrats on the award. I have been a fan of yours since the beginning and think you really deserved it!

Swapna said...

Hi Susan... how long have you been creating jewelery? I liked knowing more about you :)

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com