Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Inspired by a calendar!



I have one of those page a day calandars in my kitchen, you know the kind that you change the picture each day. This one is all shoes...I adore shoes, so every Christmas my husband and son buy me one of these shoe calendars. Well a few days ago, there was an amazing pair of shoes...actually a work of art, that really caught my attention! The artist is Marina Dempster. Check these out... the shoes are covered in tiny seed beads!

I loved the texture, and pattern, but most of all the color combination was stunning. The colors to me are tropical, retro, fun... what gorgeous colors for summer! So..... I have been inspired, and have started a bracelet, made entirely of vintage beads in the same color scheme as these shoes! I already have a name for it as well. Alas...I have run out of wire, so must wait to finish it until the wire order arrives. So stay tuned for my "CopaCobana" bracelet!
Please visit Marinas' website, for more information on her background, career, and current work. Here are some more pictures of this amazing artists' work:

Pin It

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning, the detail, wow.

Lenox Knits said...

All I can say is WOW. Her color combos are amazing. I can't even imagine how long one shoe took not to mention 2.

Lin said...

I think you could actually wear these shoes if they didn't have the feathers. The feathers are just over the top. I LOVE the colors.

raquel roysdon said...

I am looking forward to seeing your Copacobana masterpiece.

Unknown said...

Those are some amazing shoes! I can't wait to see the piece your working on...

Anna said...

I am DIGGIN' those shoes!!

storybeader said...

absolutely amazing! I love to look at beadweaving, but would never have the patience to do it myself. Well, once I made a necklace... kept it for myself! {:-D

Hot Rocks said...

Glad you all liked the shoes, and appreciatd this artists work! Yes Lin, if they didn't have the feathers, I would probably wear them with a nice pair of faded jeans!

Marlaine said...

Love the shoes and I look forward to seeing your bracelet!

Anonymous said...

Awesome...can you imagine wearing those to the office!?

DVArtist said...

Love the shoes!!!! Now that is my kind of beading.

Nicole/Beadwright

Campbell Jane said...

AWESOME!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com