Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Music Monday-Duffy

After reading some interesting reviews, I recently purchased Duffys' debut CD, Rockferry, to see what all the buzz was about. Well I must say I was quite impressed by this young Welsh singer, she is certainly not a pop princess, but a talented singer songwriter with soul and an awesome voice! She has a somewhat old school 60's vibe. I remember as a child listening to my dads' Dusty Springfield albums, and in a way. Duffy reminds me a bit of her, with some of Lulus' gravelly voice . (Remember "To Sir with Love"?) Ok I am old! Any how, Syrup and Honey is my favourite track off of her new CD...enjoy!

Pin It

4 comments:

ChatElaine said...

Excellent. I really like Duffy, I bought the album about 2 months ago and have been playing it while I've been working in my workshop. My favourite is Release Me. You've made my day, Thx.

Bonhomie said...

Wow! Thanks for posting that - I never would have heard her otherwise (unless she appeared on the disney channel or noggin!!) Her voice sounds like innocence and experience all rolled into one.......sista can blow!

Perky said...

You know, when Duffy came out, I thought she was just another Amy Winehouse wannabe.

But after watching her perform live on tv (she was just awesome to watch) & seeing how she handles herself during interviews (her bubbly personality is infectious & she's got great sense of humor), I've become a fan! :)

TiLT said...

I always wondered too, b/c she's not on my usual station. Heard her on SNL a little while back - very cool sounding voice - and yeah, "vibe" says it well. Definately a singer to expect more great things from.

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com