Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Small Fortune!

As readers of my blog, you usually see my little creations after the design process is complete. While I am making a piece of sterling silver jewelry, there is always some waste....clippings, and trimming of wire, and yes, the occasional mistake which also results in waste. After almost 4 years of making  jewelry, I have amassed a large amount of scrap sterling silver wire. So, with silver prices at an all time high... I think that now would be a good time  time to sell it!


I think I may be sitting on a small fortune!


So, all I have to do now is figure out the best place to sell it to.


So far I have only checked out Rio Grandes' scrap metal program, but if any of you jewelry designers out there,  know of other places that buy sterling silver wire scrap, please let me know. I will be busy investigating online over the next few days. Pin It

4 comments:

BeadedTail said...

That's quite a pile of silver! Hope you get lots for it so you can buy lots more!

Catherine said...

Good luck in finding somewhere to sell your silver! And to get a good price! :)

Hope you are getting nice weather!

xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

WOW! You weren't kidding when you said you were sitting on a small fortune. Isn't it cool though to pile your scrap...sort of an homage to all of the work you've done! I might start doing this with yarn clippings just to see what kind of pile it would make. Mr. M would love that sitting around, huh?

Unknown said...

Yea! Look at all the $$$. I recently sent mine back to Rio and had a credit to my account in like 3 days. No lie...super fast! I'd go with either Rio or Thunderbird Supply. You should have a nice little payday!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com