Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wire techniques-Book Review



One of my favourite books that I refer to over and over again is the book by Sharilyn Miller, called Bead on a Wire. She is also an artist who's work I admire very much.I would love to attend some of her workshops...but they are usually only offered in the USA, so I will have to settle for her books and DVDs instead! This very informative book shows the reader many techniques in making wire based jewelry. Sharilyn, lists and explains all the basic tools and materials required , and has simple step by step instructions and fantastic pictures ( very important to a visual learner like myself) to go along with each lesson. The book covers how to make, basic spirals, coils, and eye pins to more complicated double-coiled bead wraps, and clasps. There are also some great projects that you can do, or be inspired to create your own designs as I did, from learning these techniques. I highly recommend this book for anyone thinking of starting to make wire based jewelry, as well as to more experienced designers. It is a wealth of information, that you will use time after time. I have included here some pictures of my own designs that used some of the techniques described in this book.
Pin It

3 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Very interesting book! I aspire to learn how to make wire based jewelry someday. I'll have to certainly check this book out!

Anonymous said...

they are lovely! hope I know how to them as I dont know at all.

Anonymous said...

I love this book as well! Lots of great information.

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com