Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Clean slate

The last few days have been spent wrapping Christmas gifts and decorating the house for the holidays. Now that my Etsy shop is on vacation for a few weeks, I have finally had time to get around to cleaning up my creative space. It was quite a disaster after being busy with the Christmas craft shows, I had beads and supplies everywhere! My desk was cluttered with tools, wire, receipts, tags, etc. it was really a mess. I am normally quite an organized and tidy person, so you can imagine that this was literally driving me nuts. My studio, also doubles as a gift wrapping room, as well as having a hide-a bed couch, becoming another spare room for guests or family members when they come to stay. So being that we will have company over the holidays, and the fact that all the wrapping of presents is complete, I thought it was time to get it ship shape! So I put on some good tunes and got to work! After alot of effort, it was finally perfect. Here you can see my mannequins, Betty and Lucy taking some time off too! See my desk all organized...now I can be inspired to create once again! I now also have a nice clean slate and fresh start for my work in the New Year.

Pin It

8 comments:

BeadedTail said...

What a great space you have to create! I'm even inspired to make new things after seeing your space!

Lenox Knits said...

WOW! I'm so impressed. I really need to get my space in order over the holidays and this was just the inspiration I needed.

Split Rock Ranch said...

Wow, your office/studio space is awesome. This inspires me to get mine shoveled out and organized...next year though cuz I'm too tired to get anything done right now. Happy Holidays!

Lin said...

WOW! I LOVE that room and how you have it organized. How lucky you are to have a studio in which to work freely like that. I'm jealous!!

Anna said...

I am SO jealous! I love your studio space! Very nicely organized, too.

Silvergirl said...

wow, look awesome :)
its perfect

Anonymous said...

Ooooo...what a stream-lined studio! Very appealing to the eye and looks so organized! My studio fixtures are a modge-podge of un-used and would-be discarded furniture. You really wanna knock your socks off? Check out the studio designs from California Closets. Do a google search for their website. Talk about studio envy!

Manuela said...

Just found your blog, stopped by and took a look and ... wohooo... your studio is amazing, I love it a lot and mostly your two mannequins ... so funny, I love them, they make me smile ☺,

Manuela

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com