Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

This Summer, when we were in London, we spent some time visiting Hyde Park,  one of the great parks within the city. Kensington Palace is located there, and has the most beautiful Sunken Garden. It is quite like something out of a fairy tale.


 However, while we were visiting there in July, there was an interesting interactive art display featured around this garden that I found to be quite cool! 


The project was  created by artist Emma Molony.  Visitors and locals were asked to write down a secret or a wish, and place it into an orange plastic sphere, which featured pretty,  laser cut silhouettes.  They were then hung up and displayed around the garden. There were more than 1,000 displayed balls, some even held the secrets of former inhabitants of the palace! 


 You could actually walk along and read the secrets that others had written down, through the colored  balls. Of course, we all participated, my husband, my son, and I, each wrote down our secrets and desires and placed them into the balls.



 I loved the way that the luminescent, tangerine colored baubles, contrasted with the lush green vines that climbed the trellis. 
 What an eye catching display! Pin It

3 comments:

Lin said...

Isn't that where Princess Diana lived?? I thought so for some reason. WOW, it's beautiful there. I'm jealous that I don't live like that.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's so awesome! What a lovely park, and then to find art? Don't cha love it!?

Catherine said...

Isn't it lovely. Very very pretty!
xo Catherine

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com