Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesdays Tidbits

Last week was another busy week, with all kinds of events that kept me running from one place to the next! I had a couple of big jewellery orders that needed to be packed up and delivered  or mailed to different boutiques, my son had his Grade 8 graduation, and of course it was Fathers Day.



I cannot believe my youngest child is off to high school next year! I think the kids all had fun on Friday night at their grad ceremony. Many of the Moms, including myself, helped decorate and transform the community hall into a party  like atmosphere filled with red balloons, and black and gold decorations suitable for a wonderful celebration for the kids. They had a nice meal, and danced to a DJ, while teachers and  many other parents, including my husband, helped supervise. It was so nice to see the kids that we have known since kindergarten, all dressed up and become such great teens.

I attended the customer appreciation  event at THE  local fashion boutique, on Thursday, and was asked to be their "real" model for their  Facebook  page this week. So that was fun! I got to model beautiful clothes, while snacking on sushi and sipping champagne!

What a great Dad! (my husband)
We celebrated fathers day with an old fashioned picnic in the park near our place. The grand kids and my son were not allowed to have their phones on that day, and instead we played Frisbee, horseshoes, and Bocci ball.  The kids played in the trees, and we also went for a little hike down to the river.


 


Picking dandelions.

Chilling with Grandpa.


 We ended the day with a stop at the ice cream shack, where they even had sugar free ice cream for me! It was a fun day, and we decided that we have to do that more often...its great for the kids!

Pin It

3 comments:

Lin said...

I LOVE those kinds of days!! And you know, I've found that they don't use their phones when we are having fun. It's funny how that works itself out.

Anonymous said...

Man...you are so lucky to have a park like that! Simply gorgeous! I love your no cell phone rule. And congrats to the grad!

Catherine said...

Sounds like you had a perfect day! I love it that no cell phones were allowed. Good idea ~ we should all do that more often!
xo Catherine

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com