Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

It Didn't Kill Me!




Some of you may know that I have been doing the "Get Ripped" exercise program, 3 times a week, with Jari Love, since Sept of 2011. I absolutely love it, and through that class, have met some wonderful ladies in our community. I also work out at home with her DVDs another 2 times per week. With this program and a healthy diet, I can honestly say, that I am now, at age 54, the fittest that I have ever been in, in my life.

Recently, Jaris' fitness center, in the big city, introduced Cardio GX, and a couple of the ladies attended on of the classes. The day after,  I got the full report, and was invited to try a couple of classes out. My friends,  told me, and I quote," It'll kill you...but you will love it!" OK...one of these ladies runs marathons..and I am was a bit worried, that I may not be able to get through this class.

So, last evening, all 3 of us country gals, carpooled into the big city, and attended the GX Cardio class. Your particulars, height, weight, and age are entered into the system. You wear a heart monitor just under your chest area, and ride a stationary bike, with an instructor...a very fit male instructor....and go through a series of cycling intervals for 45 minutes straight. You work up to different levels, (gears) on your bike, from level #2, which is super easy, up through level #22...which is super hard. Everyones heart rate, calories burned, and  the  intensity level at which they are working in displayed on screen, so you can see at a glance, how you are doing.

At first it was a bit challenging, but after a few minutes I was into the "zone", and really got into it! It was a lot of fun, and the time flew by. I ended up burning 390 calories, and really felt that I had worked hard.  So I am going to go again next week. Above,  is a little promotional clip of this type of workout. If you have Cardio GX, in your area, I highly recommend it...it was fun!

Pin It

4 comments:

Jane Perala said...

I am exhausted just reading about it! Lol.

BeadedTail said...

I think that might just kill me! Glad you enjoyed it!

DVArtist said...

All I can say is ROCK ON girl. Good for you!!!
Nicole/Beadwright

Lin said...

good for you!! How fun too!

We have a spinning class at the health club I joined, but I have yet to try it. Time at the club has been minimal at best lately, I really feel like crud when I don't go. Can't wait to get back in the groove after the holidays!!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com