Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

How do you sell?

My online Etsy shop is only one way that I sell my jewelry. Of course I do several arts and crafts shows in my area and also my best friend actually sells a lot of my jewelry for me. By either by setting it up in the staff room in the school that she teaches at, or by arranging jewelry parties at some of her aquaintences homes she reaches people that I would not necessarily reach. It really expands my customer base, as she lives in the city and I live in the country. Of course she gets compensated for all her hard work and we both benefit in the end! If you sell something handmade, what are the different ways... other than selling online, do you do to market and sell your items? I would love to hear what you do!
here are a few of the items that she took away with her this weekend, that I hope she has success with.

Pin It

5 comments:

Deborah Lambson said...

I'm sure she will have no problem selling those and what a great friend! I need a marketer..it's not one of my favorite things to do.
I also sell elsewhere (galleries and shops) Online can be a tough sell since you can't pick it up and touch it.

storybeader said...

I would think smaller items, that don't cost a lot, would be good for a teacher's salary - but then again, you never know what sells best where. I went to a craft show at a small town, and it was the best ever!

I work in a museum, and can sell my jewelry in the gift shop, so I'm lucky that way...

Unknown said...

good morn...
pop in for a visit
& feel our love'''
mona & the girls
we love your work..
hope you had a great weekend..

Unknown said...

I'm sure those pieces will sell out -- your jewelry is amazing! I sell pretty much online and that's it, some local fairs now and again when they aren't too costly.

Unknown said...

Love your work! I'm sure that she will quickly sell those pieces for you. I sell online, as well as at a couple are craft/art shows as well as a local gallery and the art league. I think selling online is a hard sell though.

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com