Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Betty, Lucy and Pat!

Some of you who have followed my blog for  awhile now will remember meeting Betty and Lucy, my faithful yet funky mannequins with the red hair. They hang out with me in my studio, and do all the modeling for the necklaces  and earring photos. Some people think they are scary....I think they are fun!




  
They work hard doing practice setups at home before shows!




They go on the road with me to various art and craft shows and home parties through out the year.





However, I  have always yearned for a "proper" mannequin bust, that I can actually use when I am designing necklaces. I like to see the design take shape on a body type form, instead of flat on of a beading tray! So, while I was on my vacation, wandering through antique stores, I found....... Pat!


 Now, I am not sure if Pat is a male or a female..hence the name "Pat"! ( For those of you who used to watch Saturday Night Live back in the late eighties and early nineties, you will remember the weekly sketch called "Pat".) 


 I am not sure how old my Pat is, but I am thinking maybe middle aged?? I think Pat looks more masculine with the collar down, and a bit more feminine with the collar up!



 Pat has already started working, for me and I am pleased with how its going! I might even take Pat to my next show! Pin It

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember Pat -- love the mannequins!

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

LOL! Love the mannequins! When we were in Palm Dessert last year, my Sissy and Sis-in-law found a cute resale boutique - She had 3 of the coolest mannequins - looked alot like yours here in the pics! We all took a pic with three girls - each with their own manny! Fun! :)

DVArtist said...

I am one of those who have followed you for awhile and remember your mannequins. I think they are just too cool.
Nicole/Beadwright

Tara Beaulieu said...

Pat! That is hysterical and so appropo!

I love your display, it's so fun to look at and I love the way the gals' flaming hair contrast againt the display (boxes?) you use that are sort of turquoisey/tiffany blue colored- one of my favorite color combos!

Lin said...

I think they are all unique and catch your eye! Good find with Pat. Love him/her!!!

Duni said...

Maybe 'Pat' (I think he's male) would like to meet my 'Miss Audrey'?
;-)

she's in my new blog post.

Split Rock Ranch said...

Way to score with Pat! I love your mannequins!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding...I love your mannequins! Not so sure about Pat, though...his/her face is a little transparent these days!

Lenox Knits said...

I think Pat is a good addition to the family, and the display. She/He will be perfect for displaying your really wild pieces that need a simple backdrop.

IndieCEO / GalleriaLinda said...

Love those red headed mannequins! I want some!!! What a great conversation starter they must be at shows and parties.

Short Poems said...

They are all beautiful and catch your eye!

marinela x

Jen said...

Girl, I'm laughing my butt off right now because I have no idea If the mannequin is funny or crazy looking. I say both!!! I've never laughed so hard while being so scared! THis is one messed up post... and I love it!! Girl, you're great in my book!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com