Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Necklace inspiration

Recently I posted about Miriam Haskell Designs, and how much I adore everything with her name on it. This necklace, which is actually a new design by Haskell Jewels, from the La  Dolce Vita collection, was the inspiration for one of my latest designs.





 This Miriam Haskell necklace is stunning! It is created with gorgeous beads made from embellished resin, Russian, gold plated, French filligree beads and matte silver. It sells for a whopping $850.00!
In my poor mans version, I combined all vintage beads in lucite and metal, in various sizes, to create this bold, chunky, 1960's style necklace. I used vintage, brass chain,  in a pattern similar to the "Gucci G" design, on the upper portion, I kept the color scheme neutral by incorporating beads in white, cream, brass, copper and gold.....but not real gold!









The Hot Rocks version is a bargain at only $65.00!!!


using BlogPress from my iPhone Pin It

2 comments:

BeadedTail said...

I like your version of that necklace! And yay for being able to upload photos again!

Duni said...

I love vintage beads and your necklace turned out beautifully!

p.s. glad you got your computer problem fixed :)

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com