Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunrise Inspiration

 A couple of years ago, on a chilly November morning,  I managed to capture this gorgeous sunrise from my backyard. I just loved the colors of the pinky-orange lavender sky, which recently became the inspiration for the bracelet below.

I used araura borealis colored glass beads as the main component, as they reflect a rainbow of pretty colors. I then accented the design with various crystals and stone beads in shades of  pink, fuschia, and tangerine....some of the Swarovski crystals are old and quite rare!


 There are also Venetian glass beads both vintage and modern, and pretty glass pearls in teal that hail from the 1950's. I also added a couple of vintage buttons for fun! Several pieces of fine linked chain in both sterling and silver tone, are randomly placed for some texture and interest. Aptly named November Sunrise!
Just listed in In my Etsy shop. Pin It

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! And you are so lucky to have captured such a gorgeous image of the sunrise...I'm afraid I let myself sleep too late to catch such a thing- hehe!

BeadedTail said...

What a beautiful sunrise and absolutely gorgeous piece! I think that's my favorite ever!

Jane Perala said...

Beautiful picture and bracelet!

Catherine said...

That bracelet is beautiful!!! Truly fantastic ~ some famous star should be wearing that to an awards show. You are an artist my friend!

Keep warm!
xo Catherine

Lin said...

You never cease to amaze me!! What you can't do!!! :)

Duni said...

Nature is such a great source of inspiration - I LOVE that photo you took! The bracelet is stunning!!!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com