Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Packing

On Friday, we leave for our most anticipated vacation to England and Paris. I am currently in the midst of packing for the trip and these are my latest observations regarding that topic:

1. Packing for a vacation is a lot more fun than unpacking after you return home.
2. Women should have a larger baggage allowance than men.
3. One pair of shoes DO NOT go with every outfit.
3. There comes a point when you must stop second guessing yourself, and what goes into the suitcase must stay in the suitcase!
4. Packing for a trip to the Tropics is WAY easier than packing for a European vacation. (Bathing suits, shorts, a few tank tops, sunscreen and flip flops are all you need for Hawaii)
5. Unnecessary items such as socks, make way for much needed items such as the flat iron.
6.  Layer and wear your heaviest items on the plane...however remember that belts, shoes, jewelry, jackets and sweaters have to be removed when going through security, and that can work one up into a hot sweat..especially at my age!
7. Due to the fact that one is allowed only ONE carry-on bag weighing a mere 11 pounds,  ones purse must fit inside ones carry-on luggage. (obviously no big purses will fit the bill and had to buy very small purse to fit this requirement) Currently in the carry-on bag are the most needed iPad,  camera and extra batteries, passport and pertinent travel info, snacks and gum, hand sanitizer and lipstick and fragile gift for Dad.
8. Stick with a color scheme for maximizing the mixing and matching of pieces to create coordinating outfits, each top should work with at least 4 bottoms....however, that being said, the very cute bright yellow top made it into the suitcase, even although it did not meet these stringent requirements. Rules CAN be broken!
9. Question...How many lipsticks does one need for a 5 week vacation? Really???
10. This really should not be as difficult as it is. Pin It

6 comments:

Jane Perala said...

11 lb carry on! - oh my, things sure have changed since I last flew!
Have a great time on your vacation!

BeadedTail said...

LOL! I can just imagine you trying to pack for this vacation. It sounds like fun - kinda! :) I didn't know they were weighing carry on's now! Oh I'd be in trouble!

Lin said...

You need to pack like the Europeans and bring clothes that you can mix and match and wear more than once. Then plan on doing some laundry so that you aren't bringing too many clothes.

Do I take that advice? Heck no. :)

I am SSOOOOO excited for you!! I can't believe you are going!!! :) Have fun, pally!

Catherine said...

How on earth do they think that 11lbs of carry on is adequate. I say, if you can lift it, it's carry on! Haha!

Good luck packing! I think I would just take an empty suitcase and then shop when I'm over there. ;)

xo Catherine

Unknown said...

Have a FaBuLoUs trip! Enjoy every minute!

Anonymous said...

Hmn...I thought women were allowed one carry on AND one purse:) I always make the purse a biggon. Hehe. Totally agree with the coordinating outfits thing- I usually pick outfits that all go with brown or all go with black and you're good to go.

Have a great, great time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com