Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Falling into Autumn........

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!

Yes, this weekend is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, so we will be celebrating with turkey and pumpkin pie.  We had a fabulous month of September with summer like temperatures, but yesterday the weather changed and we awoke to a dusting of the evil white stuff on the ground. The weather here always seems to turn cold, about mid October, and Old Man Winter settes in for his long stay. I think we have a bit of a reprieve this weekend with warmer weather once again, but we all know that the winter weather will be upon us very soon. 

You probably know that I dislike the winter season, and that summertime is my favorite time of year. However, that being said, I do enjoy the colours of Fall, and the warm days of Indian summer. 

Here is a look at one of my recently completed pieces. Some of you may have seen it when it was in the "pendant" stage, but now it is finished. My inspiration for this piece was Autumn, the warm colours of that season and the falling of the leaves.

Falling into Autumn




Falling into Autumn is now for sale in my Etsy Boutique!


Pin It

2 comments:

Jane Perala said...

That's beautiful Susan!
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Anonymous said...

Ugh..snow already? Have a great holiday and that's truly a lovely piece!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com