Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

For our heroes!

I finally have some new designs that I will be listing on Etsy this week. After watching the Vancouver Winter Olympics on TV, and enjoying the amazing skills of all the athletes, the excitement of a win, and the despair of a loss, I was inspired to create a selection of jewelry, entirely in silver and gold. Here is the first item, a bracelet, that I will be listing in my shop this afternoon. I combined sterling silver, and vermeil ( gold plating over sterling silver) beads, with lampwork beads by USA artisan Melissa Rediger. So in honour of all the Olympic athletes, that entertained us for the past 17 days, this one is called "Heroes".

I, I wish you could swim

Like the dolphins

Like dolphins can swim


Though nothing, nothing will keep us together

We can beat them, forever and ever

Oh, we can be heroes just for one day


I, I will be King

And you, you will be Queen

Though nothing will drive them away

We can be heroes just for one day

We can be us just for one day


I, I can remember

(I remember)

Standing by the wall

(By the wall)

And the guns, shot above our heads

(Over our heads)

And we kissed, as though nothing could fall

(Nothing could fall)


And the shame, was on the other side

Oh, we can beat them, forever and ever

Then we could be heroes just for one day


We can be heroes

We can be heroes

We can be heroes just for one day

We can be heroes


David Bowie
Pin It

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooo! What a fabulous bracelet and great idea. A reminder of one of the best winter olympics I remember!

raquel roysdon said...

Your bracelet and how you were inspired is marvelous. I am a fan of your designs.

DVArtist said...

Very nice piece!!! After another look this is really stunning!

Nicole/Beadwright

Lin said...

I love the combination of silver and gold combined--sort of like a nordic event, right?! :)

BeadedTail said...

Such a beautiful bracelet and I love the inspiration behind it!

Cindy said...

What an absolutley beautiful piece...a fitting tribute!
And boy oh boy were you one lucky lady to visit Hawaii!!! I went there for our honey moon...which was ages ago now! :-)

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com