Flickr

www.flickr.com
Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset Hot Rocks' Hot Rocks Jewellery 2012 photoset

Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Heading for the hills!



Tomorrow we are heading up to the Rocky Mountains for the weekend, to Lake Louise, to take in a bit of skiing and to visit our daughter who lives and works in the hotel there. This time we splurged on a hotel room at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel, on the lake, so I am looking forward to those little luxuries like not cooking for a few days!


My husband and I usually ski for about 3 or 4 hours now as we can no longer seem to go all day like we used to. Our kids pass us on on the hill now, and are always impatiently waiting for us at the bottom. I figure I am in no race, I will take my time, enjoy the scenery, and get down the mountain in one piece! After half a day my legs are like jello! I am also a fairweather skier...hate the freezing cold, and prefer to go now.. in the Spring time, when the weather is usually warmer. The lake at Lake Louise stays frozen until about mid June...that is where the hotel is situated.
In the summer many tourists from around the world, flock to the area that is renowned for its beauty.


I hope you have a great weekend, what ever you may be doing in your neck of the woods
! Pin It

4 comments:

BeadedTail said...

What a beautiful place! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Catherine said...

Hope you are having a good time! It's so beautiful up in that area isn't it. I've only been there once, but I loved it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! Have a wonderful time and enjoy eachother!

Split Rock Ranch said...

OMG - what a stunning place! Have a fabulous weekend. Wow... I'm just awed by the beauty of it all.

Thank you for hosting my entrecard ad today!

Featured on:

World Artisan Gems

Sizzling Sales and Promos!

Would you like to be notified of sales and promos at Hot Rocks?
If so send me your email address, and I will add you to my mailing list.
contact susan@hotrocksglassjewels.com